How to play guide for SevTech: Ages
|This article is a stub. You can help SevTech: Ages Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for SevTech: Ages. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
Upon entering into your new world, your first instinct tells you to punch trees, get wood. That, however, will not work in SevTech: Ages. You must craft a flint hatchet for that. Start by breaking some of the tall grass and leaves around your location. With some Sticks and Plant Twine you create a Grass Fibre Mesh. Now Sift some gravel with that, then click on a hard surface (basically any stone type blocks) with the flint in your hand to make it into flaked flint; click the flaked flint on the hard surface again and it will give you flaked flint points.
Controls[edit | edit source]
Pressing L in-game is the default shortcut to bring up the advancements window, this can be changed in the Controls menu.
Movement and other basic gameplay functions are as it is set by the player. (e.g. WASD)
The Auto-Jump option is disabled by default, and is not changeable. That is not what is on by default in SevTech. Instead you have Cyclic's step assist feature. In age 1 after you make the Blood Altar you can craft a special apple (Apple of Lofty Stature) to toggle it.
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- If you're having FPS issues, it's a good idea to disable Better Foliage by pressing F8 in-game and disabling smooth font. This also reduces the load time for the pack.
- On AMD GPUs, disabling Animated Textures from Foamfix mod may be necessary.
- The advancement icons with the rounded top and bottom are the advancements that lead to the age-advancing advancement. The icons with pointed corners are the age-advancing ones.
- If you are not sure what to do next, check the advancements! They do a great job of explaining the progressions system.
- If you don't understand how to progress through a mod, find a Mod spotlight video on it.
- Keep an eye out for any abyssalcraft dark lands biomes, as it will come in handy to have one within walking distance of your base, having mobs that drop dark gem shards, essential to progression. Its foliage color is a nearly black shade of blue, making it fairly easy to recognize.
- Find a horse as soon as you can, as it is an essential travel companion, and it can work Horse Power machines. Horses primarily spawn in Warm climates. (e.g. Savannah, Forest)
- If you can't find a horse, try making a buffalo by doing a totemic ceremony.
- If Cyclic's step assist feature is game-breaking, go to Cyclic’s configs and disable stepheightdefault.
- When smashing rocks, if you click them and they do not break but make the noise like when you break dirt or gravel, leave it for later as it will become a sample of ore when you progress through the ages.